Patronicity is an online hyper-local crowd-funding platform that allows both small businesses and communities to foster a “shop local” culture – encouraging citizens of an area to discover, support, and buy from locally owned businesses. Patronicity prides itself on its commitment to directly assist a project and its creator from development to completion in efforts to ensure greater success in a Project's Crowd-funding.
• infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity, or violates any law or contract;
• you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate;
• is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another's privacy;
• constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters;
• contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of the Company or any third party;
• is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
• impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of the Company.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by the Company in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Company’s or its third-party providers’ infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures the Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
Project Creators agree to not abuse other users' personal information. Abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than those explicitly specified in the Project Creator’s Project, or is not related to fulfilling delivery of a product or service explicitly specified in the Project Creator’s Project.
You may use our Services if:
1. You are 18 years or older or between the ages of 13 and 17 and using the Website and Services with parental or legal guardian consent and supervision.
2. Your membership or use has not otherwise been restricted, suspended or terminated.
3. You are not using another Member’s account without her/his permission.
Patronicity is free to join. There is a 5% Patronicity service fee for Project Creators of the total funds they have raised listed on their project page, including both online and offline donations. There is an additional 2.9% + $0.30 (per transaction) credit card fee on all online donations (credit card fee change as of 3/1/15). Sponsorship funds are not charged any fees. All fees are deducted from the total money raised online prior to transfer of funds. In the unusual case where fees exceed money raised online, a bill will be invoiced to the Project Creator. Donors also have the option to cover all fees at checkout, which will add the fees to their contribution amount. The Project Creator must pay remaining fees donors have not covered.
After completing a campaign, funds are transfered within 2 weeks to the Project Creator's U.S. bank account or sent by check. There are no transfer fees.
Payment processing services for project creators on Patronicity are provided by Stripe and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”). By agreeing to or continuing to operate as a project creator on Patronicity, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of Patronicity enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide Patronicity accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize Patronicity to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe. Patronicity is not responsible for the performance of Stripe.
Creators are solely responsible for fulfilling rewards promised to Patrons. Failure to reward Patrons as promised may result in a various penalties including but not limited to; reimbursement of Patrons at the projects expense, suspension of accounts and current and future projects by the project creator.
Patrons may claim no reward at all when donating and simply donate by clicking the "support" button.
You agree that the Service contains Content provided by the Company and its partners and Users and that the Content may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
The Company grants to each User of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use and reproduce the Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution, or storage of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without prior written permission from the Company, or from the copyright holder. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third-party right.
By Submitting User Submissions on the Site or otherwise through the Service, you agree to the following terms:
• The Company will not have any ownership rights over your User Submissions. However, the Company needs the following license to perform and market the Service on your behalf and on behalf of its other Users and itself. You grant to the Company the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to (and to allow others acting on its behalf to) (i) use, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of, reproduce, host, display, stream, transmit, playback, transcode, copy, feature, market, sell, distribute, and otherwise fully exploit your User Submissions and your trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos, and similar proprietary rights (collectively, the "Trademarks") in connection with (a) the Service, (b) the Company’s (and its successors' and assigns’) businesses, (c) promoting, marketing, and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third-party websites); (ii) take whatever other action is required to perform and market the Service; (iii) allow its Users to stream, transmit, playback, download, display, feature, distribute, collect, and otherwise use the User Submissions and Trademarks in connection with the Service; and (iv) use and publish, and permit others to use and publish, the User Submissions, Trademarks, names, likenesses, and personal and biographical materials of you and the members of your group, in connection with the provision or marketing of the Service. The foregoing license grant to the Company does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submissions, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Submissions.
• You are publishing your User Submission, and you may be identified publicly by your name or User ID in association with your User Submission.
• You grant to each User a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use.
• You further agree that your User Submissions will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Patronicity all of the license rights granted herein.
• The use or other exploitation of User Submissions by the Company and Users as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
• The Company shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any of your User Submissions.
• All information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which that content originated.
• The Company will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content.
• The Company cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users with whom you may interact while using the Service.
All Content you access through the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
The below contact information is provided exclusively for DMCA notices. Do not send any unrelated inquiries to the contact listed below.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance
The sites to which this policy applies are https://www.patronicity.com, (“Site”). The Site is operated by Catalaunch LLC D/B/A Patronicity with offices at 4444 Second Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201 (c/o Green Garage) (“Patronicity”).
|Name of Copyright Agent:||Chris Blauvelt|
|Physical address to which notification should be sent:||Patronicity |
c/o Green Garage
4444 Second Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
|Email address of |
|Telephone number |
of Copyright Agent:
|+1 413 687 7587|
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Patronicity may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that Patronicity may replace the removed Disputed Content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the provider of the Disputed Content, the removed Disputed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten to fourteen (10 to 14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Patronicity's sole discretion.
Legal Concerns Other Than Copyright. If a visitor to the Site, user of the Site, or other third party believes that Content or activity at the Site raises legal issues affecting that visitor other than copyright (by way of example, trademark, privacy, disparagement) that visitor may follow the procedures outlined above for DMCA claims and a representative of Patronicity will investigate.
Last Modified: April 6, 2016
For all other Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: April 2016